Some scans of documents or images are difficult to identify text or characters. To solve this problem, you can use special programs that are used to recognize text in photos, screenshots, and PDF documents, as well as choose the best document management software.
ABBYY FineReader as One of the Best Document Management Software
ABBYY FineReader is a program for working with PDF documents. The utility makes it possible to recognize scanned texts of different formats. A total of 192 languages are supported for recognition. If necessary, you can convert a document from one format to another.
The application is fully compatible with the Windows operating system (32/64 bit). The program runs on Windows 7 and newer, the ability to work on server operating systems is available. The distribution model for ABBYY FineReader is paid. To get the full version of the application, you need to buy a license.
You can download a free demo version to get acquainted with all the functions of the program. The trial version is valid for 30 days. After starting the utility, the main window “New task” will open. There are several main sections available here: open, scan and compare. There are many tools available in the “Open” section:
- Open a PDF document to view and edit a file: with this tool, users can set protection on the document, leave comments on pages or for individual text blocks.
- OCR editor: used for advanced document conversion, text recognition check, manual marking of recognition areas.
- Converting a document from one format to another: PDF, Word, Excel. The item “Convert to other formats” allows users to select the desired format.
- The “Scan” section is used to scan documents of various formats: PDF, Word, Excel, graphics, etc. The ability to scan to the OCR editor is available. This is where the text recognition function is located. You can train your application to recognize non-standard characters and fonts.
- Comparison – This section is used to compare multiple versions of documents. The tool helps you quickly find differences in texts – the found differences are highlighted in color. The file comparison tool can be used only in the licensed version of ABBYY FineReader.
Readiris as One More the Best Document Management Software
Readiris is a utility for recognizing and scanning documents. Using the application, you can recognize text from an image and save the final result in any convenient format: PDF, Word, Excel, XPS. The program works with over 100 languages. It is possible to send documents to cloud storage: Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Evernote, etc.
Readiris Pro advantages over the basic version:
- Document processing is 20% faster.
- The utility recognizes 138 languages (30 in the basic version).
- The presence of a function for setting protection on PDF documents.
- Converting files into a format for applications from Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
To try out all the functions of the program, you can download the free trial version. The trial version is valid for 10 days. During this time, you can convert no more than 150 pages of documentation: text, images, tables, presentations. After starting the utility, the main window will open. The first available section is “Home”.
The relevance of this topic is constantly growing at the moment. In developed countries, this can be explained by the fact that e-commerce is considered one of the ways to improve the efficiency of small and medium-sized businesses, large corporations, and government agencies.